Contact the Nursing Office
- Viola Bustos-herrera, Health Assistant
- Marian Merritt, Nurse
The nurse or the health assistant can administer medications at school if a doctor completes the "Medication Authorization Form" for prescription medications. Over-the-counter (OTC's) can be given for up to 10 days if the parent signs the OTC form.
Asthma inhalers and other emergency medications have special forms that need to be filled out by the doctor. Please do not send any medications to school with your child unless these forms are filled out. All forms can be found in the health room.
Update Your Contact Information
It is EXTREMELY important that parents keep all home, work and emergency contact numbers updated through the school's clerk, Yolanda Lajeuenesse.
Illnesses and Emergencies
In case of illness or injury, the health room staff will contact you by phone. In the case of emergency illness or injury, 911 will be called as assessed by the school nurse and another staff member will contact the parent.
- School-Based Health Centers
- Community Health Centers
- APS School Based Health Centers
- APS - When is Sick Too Sick for School? APS youtube video
- APS ¿Cuando Está Demasiado Enfermo Su Hijo(a) para Ir a la Escuela? - APS youtube video in Spanish
- CDC - Cover your Cough poster
- CDC - FLU - Talking to Children About Flu
- CDC Handwashing Poster
- NASN - Washing Your Hands video
- NASN - Lavarse las Manos - Handwashing - Spanish video
- NASN - Wearing Cloth Face Coverings video
- NASN - Usar una Cubierta de Tela para la Cara - Face Covering - Spanish video